Monday, April 19, 2010

Okay...I know it's been awhile...LOL, like, last year?! What has happened in my life since that time? Too much to tell, so let's just stick to the major's. Moving and diet.

We moved to Nashville to a HUGE old house and are having a ball. Lovin' that we can just get in the car and eat anywhere we like within 5 minutes instead of 35, lovin' the 13 acres and will definitely love the pool when it ever gets warm enough to get in!

On the diet front...weigh more now than I did when I created this blog, tried Flat Belly diet, hormone replacement AND weight watchers in the last 7 months. Hate weight watchers, I always have, never lose enough to keep me motivated, although I had positive effects from the HRT weight loss was not one of them, and due to the negatives, I have been temporarily taken off of them for at least 3 months. I had a major voice change and no longer have enough vocal range to sing anything except alto or low tenor LOL...AND excessive hair growth in places a woman would rather not have hair. HA! The doctor seen a pattern in my estrogen that he wasn't sure about and felt it better to just discontinue treatment and draw blood for the next 3 months to see why it's bouncing up and down. I miss the energy that HRT gave me, and some days find it hard to put one foot in front of the other.

However, I am DESPERATE to lose this 40 lbs. Today I started Medi-fast. I know it's going to be hard. I know I'm going to act like a spoiled child and whine about it. I know I'm going to be hungry for the first week, but, I have made up my mind that I am going to do this for at least 6 weeks. I have a "mini-goal" of 20 lbs by the second week of June, in time for my yearly Vegas trip! I'll have a week off...then, back home to buckle down for the next 20. I know I can do it, I just have to find the "zone" to put my mind into. I have SOME how got to chance my relationship with food, and think of it as fuel for my body, rather than an escape. If I can look at food as purely nutrition to feed my body, I think I can change the destructive pattern I've been in for the last 20 years.

I am definitely going to try to keep up with my blog as added accountability. Will ya'll keep me motivated????

2 comments:

  1. So now you are doing Medi-fast? is that the one that Marie Osmond endorses? Good luck. Hope you don't go psycho like she did. haha!!! I wish you the best. Get that 20 off for Vegas, baby! I joined WW today for the zillionth time.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Marie did Nutri-system...and it's DISGUSTING! I thought you already joined WW's?

    ReplyDelete